Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday Brunch - Sharing LOVE and Appreciation

Recently I was enjoying a lunch date with my my girlfriends when our friend, Becky, shared something that really was a wonderful idea! She said that she and her husband had decided to think every day about why they loved one another. If you know Becky, she's quite a jokester and I knew she had to be kidding, right? She was serious! Okay, I'll give it a whirl. Interestingly, I was just reading the same concept in a wonderful book, "The Compound Effect" (thank you Tricia Smith for the gift of this book). The author shares the story of how he kept a journal of all the things he loved about his wife. At Thanksgiving, he gave her the journal as a token of his love. He shared that the experience of writing this journal made him fall in love all over again with his wife. Okay, so where is this going? Well, I decided a while back to practice this with my sweet man and you know, it was amazing... I realized I had married an incredibly honest (brutally sometimes), dedicated, loyal, and hard-working man who was a great dad too! This past weekend I decided to renew this habit and to celebrate an especially hard week (95 hour work week) and how proud I was of his dedication to his job and making our world a safer place. So, I decided to FEED him delicious food!! Those of you who know us well, know we love to cook and EAT! So I popped on some jazz music and marched out to our crazy garden... my man can grow some tomatoes! I had to literally crawl under the plants to get to the herb garden!

Look how yummy and healthy...While I chopped veggies for omelets, Rob enjoyed the fresh fruit and bloody marys (his recipe of course).
The omelets were "custom-made" to order! Normally my health-conscious partner only eats the egg whites, but we do splurge once a week on something special. So this week it's the whole egg, but filled with fresh veggies, herbs, and 2% cheese! Hint... use the Willow House Tuscan Garlic Dip mix to add a punch of flavor to your egg mixture!!

Everything smells so delicious... I even turned the omelet without making a mess!
Brunch is served alfresco... another gorgeous day in Chicago! So much to be thankful for, including my husband! What a great meal we had together. It's those precious moments from our hectic lives that make life worthwhile! I would highly recommend this habit of keeping a journal or mental notes on your loved one! So, make time to appreciate your loved one and share your love... even if it's on plate!
Tuscan Omelet Recipe:
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1 cup coarsely chopped spinach (optional)
1/4 cup chopped basil (or your favorite herb)
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup shredded cheese (Italian three cheese mix, or swiss, cheddar, again your fav)
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp Willow House Tuscan Garlic Mix

1. Blend - process eggs and 2 Tbsp of milk in a blender until blended. Melt butter in 8 in nonstick skillet over medium heat; add spinach, herbs, and tomatoes, and saute 1 minute until spinach is wilted. Add salt, pepper, Tuscan garlic mix and egg mixture to skillet.

2. Lift and tilt. As egg mixture firms, flip, add cheese, and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious as well as festive!! What a nice treat!!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Click here to see ideas